Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Kaknastornet & Triumph Motorcycles


So I finally had Swedish Meatballs! They were really good; even though my picture of them isn't the best quality. But yeah... I had meatballs on Saturday and then I went to Kaknastornet and took some pictures of the city from up high. It was my favorite touristy thing that I have done since I've been here. Everything looks so nice from up high.


This week I've been working at Triumph Motorcycles AB which is located south of Stockholm near the biggest IKEA in the world. The company here is just a distributor, so they don't manufacture or sell to customers - they sell to dealers. It was very different from working at Skandia and that's mainly due to two things: (1) Triumph is smaller and (2) for Skandia we were doing a Q2 review and for Triumph it's an annual audit.
At Skandia my main job was to make sure the numbers on Skandia's records matched the numbers on the report they were giving to Old Mutual. But here at Triumph, I have had a lot more responsibility (at least it's felt like it). They gave me the accounts I needed to audit and pretty much just told me to go get 'er done. I have the previous years files to help me know what types of things need to be done and the people I work with answer any questions that I have.
I have been working with the client personnel a lot more here than at Skandia. I'll find something that I have a question about and I'll tell Samuel or Katrin and they'll say something like, "That's a good question, you should go ask..." So it's been neat to feel like a real auditor. I audited accruals, prepayments, cash, accounts payable, and fixed assets. And it's been neat because they have been my babies - I did like all the work on them.
It has been good to see both types of work - big client with more robotic work and small client with more project-like work. There are pros and cons to both types of engagements and it has been nice to work on both.
So that's that! I just have a few more days left here in Sweden, so I'll need to finish soaking it up.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cooooool. I need to go on a sweet internship like that.

    (This is pete, by the way...)

    ReplyDelete