Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bizzay, Gamla Stan, Archipelago


I was working at Skandia this week and I had a good amount of stuff to do. Thursday was really busy and that was fun: I had things that I had to get done for two different people while at Skandia, then I needed to meet with someone else to get instructions for making another spreadsheet, but I had to drop off some papers in the office on my way to meet him and then I had a mid-point performance review over the phone right after that. It felt good to have such a busy day. But it was nice to get to the weekend so that I could do some tourist stuff.
I did end up going to that one museum by the office on Wednesday. It was a Mediterranean museum that had a bunch of old statues and they even had an Egyptian section with a mummy and a bunch of coffin thingies. So that was cool beans.
But yeah, I went on an archipelago tour on Saturday and it was pretty cool. I was planning on going on the noon boat, but when I got to the ticket place it was sold out, so I bought a ticket for 1:30 and went over to the old town for a little bit. It was neat to walk around Gamla Stan because it is so old and different. The streets are very narrow and most of them are just used by pedestrians. I'm going to have to go back another time when I'll have more free time to explore. The boat tour was nice. It was a beautiful day and the wind was blowing which made it feel even nicer. I saw a bunch of islands and learned all sorts of stuff about the archipelago.
So it was nice being a tourist and I have a lot more touristy things planned for my last two weeks here. I am going to try to be better about posting more often so that I can get some good stuff in about each of my little adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment