Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Sun's Back!

When I left work on Friday, the sun was out! The past week has been rainy and gray, but now it is sunny again which is good for walkin' around. So I'm pretty happy about that. The last two days in the office I was able to find some things to do to keep me busy until I'm scheduled on a client again. Rob had me preparing some audit programs and then I was asked to help the Nordea team.
Nordea is one of the 4 major banks in Sweden: Nordea, Handelsbanken, SEB, and Swedbank. So I met with Richard (who went to Pepperdine for a year) and Peter who gave me an assignment to put together an excel file with some client data in it. I had fun designing the spreadsheets because it was a bit of a challenge for me using the grouping functions. But I got a good sheet together and then I had to enter data; not as much fun, but still better than nothing. Peter needed it done quickly, so I skipped lunch to work on it. I ended up working more on Friday than any other day this week even though Friday is supposed to be the short day. But I am really glad that I have things to do. I have another spreadsheet to make for Peter that I'll do on Monday. So yeah.... good times.
I actually remembered to take my camera with me, so after work I took some pictures of the scenery on the way home. And after a good Linner at home, I went to Sodermalm just to explore a little bit. I found some cool things and took a lot of pictures. It really is so nice to have the sun out again because walking around the city is much more pleasant.
Well.... I need to get out there and explore, so I'm gonna end this.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that the sun came out for you! All of your pictures are so neat...it seems like such a unique place!

    Love Chel

    ReplyDelete